1. Use of Site
2. Enrolment and Participation in Courses and/or Resources
By enrolling into any Applied 8 course, or accessing any Applied 8 resource, you do so with the understanding that:
- The material in Applied 8 courses and resources is of the nature of general comment only and does not represent professional advice. It is not intended to provide specific guidance for particular circumstances and it should not be relied on as the basis for any decision to take action or not take action on any matter that it covers. Course participants and resource users should obtain professional advice where appropriate before making any such decision.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the author and publisher disclaim all responsibility and liability to any person, arising directly or indirectly from any person taking action or not taking action based on the information in any Applied 8 course or resource.
- The Applied 8 Site and Applied 8 online courses are hosted by Thinkific Labs Inc. (“Thinkific”). Thinkific is a Canadian based online learning platform. Thinkific provide us with the online course creation platform that allows us to sell our product/services to you. Applied 8 accepts no responsibility or liability over how you use or implement the information on our Site or from our Courses, nor with your relationship with or use of the Thinkific software. Neither Applied 8 as a business, or any of our course presenters, are in any way an owner, shareholder or beneficiary of Thinkific.
3. Geographic Location
Applied 8 courses and resources are designed specifically for an Australian audience and at present they are not intended for purchase or usage overseas. If you are from outside Australia and are interested to complete an Applied 8 course or utilise an Applied 8 resource, you are advised to not do this. Instead, please email us at [email protected] to express interest - we'll get back to you with more information.
At Applied 8, we want you to be happy with any purchases that you make of Applied 8 products or services. Where you feel a refund is appropriate, please contact us at [email protected] to raise this with us within 30 days of your purchase – we are always grateful to hear from our customers. Let us know what you bought from Applied 8 and why you are requesting a refund. Once we’ve heard from you, we will get back to you with more information.
All refund requests will be subject to the below considerations:
- Courses available to the public: Applied 8 courses available to the public are listed on the Applied 8 website (www.applied8.com.au). Often, these courses will include at least one module that is available as a free preview. Where this is the case, prospective purchasers should first access this module (for free), and complete it to determine if they wish to proceed with purchasing additional Material from that course.
- Profession specific professional development courses: Some Applied 8 courses are designed specifically for professional development purposes for professionals working in specific fields, for example, Exercise Physiology. These courses may be listed directly with relevant professional association(s) and might not always be listed on the Applied 8 website. The content in these courses has been peer reviewed, often by the relevant association(s), and, where listed as such, deemed to meet required standards and criteria for a specified number of professional development points (or similar).
The Materials on this Site and in all Applied 8 courses and resources are copyrighted, and any unauthorised use of any Materials on this Site may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
6. Links to Other Websites
Links to external websites are provided as a convenience to you. Applied 8 has not reviewed all of these external websites, does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. If you decide to access any of the external websites linked to this Site or in our emails, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Applied 8 may also provide links to third-party sites where the links are ads, partners, or affiliates. This means we may make a commission if you buy from the linked sites.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit. Applied 8 takes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.
7. No Warranty
The Materials provided at this Site and in all Applied 8 courses and resources are provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Applied 8 may make changes to the Materials at this Site, or to the services and prices described in them, at any time without notice.
8. Limitation of Liability
All content provided in this document is provided as information only and Applied 8 does not accept any liability whatsoever for the way that it is used by any party.
In no event will Applied 8, its suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this Site or in Applied 8 courses or resources be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from performance at school or at another training provider, work done with clients, client complaints, injuries, inaccurate information or interruption of services) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of this Site, any websites linked to this Site, enrolment in any Applied 8 course or use of any Applied 8 resource. If your use of the Materials or information from this Site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof.
9. Applicable Law
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Australian Capital Territory, Australia, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
10. Effective Date and Updates
These Terms are effective as of Friday 17th February, 2023 and are subject to change without notice by Applied 8 at any time. Please check for changes regularly at www.Applied8.com.au. Your use of this Site after such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.
11. QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at [email protected]